- This event has passed.
Winter Solstice Drum Making Retreat
November 21, 2018$397
Celebrating the Winter Solstice with the creation of your own 18″ Elk & Cedar Drum with Dream Catcher Webbing. ‘Solstice’ is interpreted as ‘Sun Standing Still’ and holds the power for you to create a special place to stand strong thriving within your spirit. You will take a deep, Journey within to bring forth your soul’s purpose, to be able to stand as a sacred witness to events in and around you without losing power. On the darkest days of the year light your eternal spiritual fire within to birth your sound medicine brightly throughout your life.
VIDEO OF EVENT: https://youtu.be/Khc9Y17YWf8
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Preparing Sacred Space Along with Astrological Energies and Ceremonial Cacao
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. | Blessed Ancestral Lunch
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. | Journey to the Elk and Cedar spirits to requesting permission for sacred use
- 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. | Creation of your 18″ Sacred Drum infusing Ancestral Sacred Songs, Chanting, Storytelling and Complete Sound Bath
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. | Traditional Ancestral Feast
- 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. | Journey to merge with your Soul Essence to Sing and Awaken Your Drum into Birth
- 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. | Drumming Fire & Medicine Wheel Ceremony**Your drum will need a few days to rest prior to drumming. We will hold Sacred Medicine Wheel Drumming Ceremonies following this retreat.**
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Feel free to bring any special items beyond what is supplied below.
- Supplies – All drum making supplies are included. Blessed and sacred Elk hide for the drum skin. A blessed 18″ cedar frame. Cedar drum stick.
- Food – All meals and healthy snacks to nourish you throughout the day. Please indicate any special dietary needs.
- Beverages – Filtered structured water, ceremonial cacao, a plethora of fine teas, and organic coffee with coconut creamer.
- Comfort – Thick-padded yoga mats, bolsters, pillows and blankets are provided to make you comfortable.
- ** FREE Meditation downloads specific to this Event for attendees
- **FREE attendance for ALL ‘Awakening Program’ clients
**To preserve ultimate quality, the space is very limited. Please book ASAP to ensure we have all the supplies for you. We do offer future credit for any events or services if you are unable to make.**
WHAT OTHER’S ARE SAYING:
HOW TO FIND US & WHERE TO PARK:
– Address: 16863 Brickyard Rd NE, Bothell, WA 98011
– Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/71F7BwuBsdT2
– **We are a residence. Please park directly across the street at the park which is FREE, due to our limited 2 car driveway. This way you are not blocked in:):) There is a cross walk that leads directly to our home. Please be aware of blocking any crosswalks, fire hydrants & driveways.
The shortest, darkest day of the year Winter Solstice allows us to dive deep into reflection to bring forth our deepest vision of what our soul desires to express in the manifest world. Plant seeds rest deeply in suspended animation, while the animals hibernate. As humans we rush about working, shopping, and daily activities bringing upon so much stress upon ourselves. During this time we will provide you the tools to rest, dream and gather strength in your body for the coming seasons of renewal. Nature teaches us that resting in deep reflection inward is present in all living things. ~ Knowing the Sun WILL Return.
Drumming connects us with the heartbeat of ourselves and of mother. The natural pulse of life emerges from the drum. Everything in existence has a specific rhythm. Drumming entrains our bodies to connect to the rhythm of life. We have ancient and primal connections to the beat of the drum which invokes deep transformation.
Drumming synchronizes both hemispheres of the brain and induces an alpha brain wave state, which reduces stress allowing for deep healing to occur. Alpha brain wave activity is associated with meditation, shamanic trance, shamanic journeying and integrative states of consciousness. Drumming has been known to assist with …
- Helping you to connect more deeply with your own body, mind & spirit
- Enhancing meditation & shamanic journeying
- Reducing stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and releases emotional blockages
- Inducing synchronous brain activity (creating connection between hemispheres)
- Boosting the immune system
‘Supernatural Seer.’ They are a whirlwind who radically reorganizes the consciousness & manifestation of those they encounter. Like a ‘white tornado’ they were sent to bring about needed revision & reorganization. They are the cosmic change agent, a celestial growth-stimulator and precipitator of new opportunities. ‘Regal Nobility.’ They have a royal demeanor about them, and they are quite impressive in their impact. They carry themselves with pride & power, arising from their awareness of the ‘Divine Responsibilities of Kings.’ They are supremely confident and sure of themselves, because they know their power comes from the Earth and the Cosmos. ‘Steady Warrior.’ They are a fearless sentinel and protector of the community. They manifest great strength, power, speed and courage.
They also have endurance and stamina and they go the distance. They draw great sustenance and support from their actions and correct in their conduct, displaying temperance and courtesy to others. ‘Responsibility-Shouldering Stoic.’ They are capable of handling great loads, and they take them on unflinchingly. They can handle adversity, no matter what. They have a great deal of serenity and strength. They share these qualities by being a defender of the helpless.
Source: “Animals, Their Psycho-Symbolic Meaning” by Michael J. Lincoln, Ph.D.
The wood is not attacked by insects, has no knots providing you protection. It stays green all year long providing you preservation. In the forests of Lebanon they often have a life span of over 2,000 years providing you longevity. The spirit and essence strengthens and enhances your inner gifts. Very power-filled strong healing energies. It’s energy cleanses the auric field, especially at night while you sleep. It helps you to balance the emotional and mental bodies and can stimulate dream activity, bringing peace, inspiration and clarity. It will also cleanse and bless everything you drum over as well as during your meditations and journeying.
SONIC SHAMANIC EVENTS & Retreats/Travel Programs
mauSOULeum’s Sonic Shamanic series of events and Retreats/Travel Programs are dedicated to awaken your soul for you to thrive in modern day through ancient ways that have been practiced since the dawn of humankind. You will acquire ancestral wisdom and spiritual tools to connect you with deep purpose, clarity in decision-making through your inner guidance, vital health, conscious communication, healing techniques, loved-based relationships and rapid spiritual evolution.
OUR MEDICINE WHEEL
A deep, soul purpose that has been brought into the manifest world. Our Ute nation, rainbow famliy of two-spirits has been called to create this medicine wheel. Deep knowing and journeying for over a decade has finally come into fruition. The Medicine Wheel, sometimes known as the Sacred Hoop, has been used by generations of various Native American tribes for spiritual connection, guidance and healing. It embodies the Four Directions, as well as Father Sky, Mother Earth, Spirit Tree & Great Spirit —all of which symbolize dimensions of health and the cycles of life. You will learn how to walk the path to heal and bring forth your gifts in this life.
OUR SOUND BATHS
A SOUND BATH is an acoustic sound healing journey that relaxes the body, clears the subconscious, calms the mind, and activates your body’s natural healing systems. Meditation is much easier when your mental activity is reduced by the sounds of the bowls. Very thick padded mats & fluffy pillows create a comfortable space for you to lie down and let the symphony of sound wash away stress and all that no longer serves you. We use a wide variety of ancient sound healing instruments, including Paiste Planetary Gongs, Australian Didgeridoo, Hand-hammered Nepalese Singing Bowls placed on your chakras, Crystal Tones Gemstone-infused Crystal singing bowls, a rare Crystal Lyre and more to create a sound healing experience that will vibrate and activate every cell in your body, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The cacao used for the Sound Bath will be heirloom cacao paste from 300 small (1-5 acre) organic family farms in the foothills of southern Belize. The farming families are indigenous Q’eqchi’ and Mopan Maya, and they grow their pure raw cacao with deep respect and understanding of the local ecology. It is made fresh from the bean in micro-batches. Blessed cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, honey and cayenne of only the purest quality will be added to increase circulation & enhance the benefit of cacao.
Cacao has many documented health benefits. It has a rich source of antioxidants, including flavonoids, which are believed to have an anti-aging effect, can help cardio-vascular health, and improve blood supply to the brain, facilitating learning and memory. Cacao might also help reduce blood pressure.
Cacao (chocolate in its raw form) is a powerful plant medicine, used in sacred ceremonies over South and Central America for thousands of years. The cacao tree originated in Central America and parts of Mexico and was consumed by pre-Columbian cultures, including the Mayans, in spiritual ceremonies. It is an amazing tool for gently opening up the heart and reconnecting us with our highest self, opening us to hearing our heart’s messages. It can also be used as an effective tool for healing heart-related emotional issues, and opening oneself to the feeling of love, self-love, compassions, and connection with everything around.