- This event has passed.
SSP 2018 Annual Conference
September 13, 2018 - September 16, 2018
Recent events in the U.S. and the world have raised fears, confusion and even despair. We do not need to be controlled by these energies. For thousands of years, the traditional practice of Shamanism has offered us relief and guidance – and a pathway toward a life grounded in larger vision, balance, personal power and peace. Following this pathway, and artfully transforming the dark- both within and without, into light, is the focus of the Fall SSP Annual Shamanism Conference.
A principle of shamanism is: Fear drains your power; shamanic practice builds your power. In this conference, through the practices of remembering and releasing, reweaving and renewing, we will restore and amplify our personal light. The SSP Midwest Conference will offer relevant, practical and powerful teachings as well as beautiful group ceremonies to lift your spirit. You’ll come away from this conference stronger, and with practical skills that you can apply to your life and work.
- Opportunity for our shamanic community to increase our capacity to be of service to the world;
- Diverse shamanic traditions: including indigenous traditions such as Toltec, or Huichol; core shamanism (Foundation for Shamanic Studies); and ‘Path of Pollen”, an ancient, vital gynocentric shamanic tradition that works with the honeybee and the hive;
- Teachings led by local, national and internationally known shamanic teachers;
- Sunrise pipe ceremony; dances of universal peace; legal considerations of shamanic practice; and more.
- Shamans’ Bazaar (spiritual arts and craft and shamanic tools, etc.);
- Networking, dialog, and building deep community with shamanic practitioners from around the country.
Registration & Lodging
This event is will be held at the Kellogg Conference Center in Hickory Corners, MI. The conference is open to 90 participants with limited lodging on site, especially for single and double occupancy rooms. $100 deposit is required to reserve your space at the conference. Remaining balance due on or before August 13, 2018. A fee of $50 and $25 commuter will be applied to all attendees who are late in making their final payment. Please reserve early to ensure your space.
As an attendee you have the option to book lodging with your ticket and stay on site in the Kellogg Conference Center’s lodging.
All apartments are equipped with a kitchenette, full-sized refrigerators, stoves or microwaves, desk with chair, fan, TV with Dish Network, wireless Internet, and private bathrooms.
One-room (efficiency) apartments have two twin beds, an 11’5” x 14’ living area, kitchenette, and private bathroom with shower. These apartments sleep 1-2 people.
Two-room apartments offer two twin beds and a sleeper couch, a 17’4” x 9’10” living room, 10’ x 10’ bedroom, kitchenette, and private bathroom with tub. These apartments sleep 1-3 people.
Orchard Dorm Suites
Each Orchard Dorm has two twin beds, small refrigerator, fan, desk with chair, computer network connection, wireless internet, and cable TV. Bathrooms are shared between two rooms with separate vanity areas that include a sink and counter space. (4 twin beds/1 bathroom per suite) There is an activity room with lounge area, TV/DVD/VCR with cable, pool table, guest computer, and full-size refrigerator with a sink area.
The cabins feature bunk beds, lounge area, full-size refrigerator and bathroom with showers.
Lodging rooms include all linen, bedding and towels, along with weekly housekeeping service. A coin-operated laundry sites are located in the Dorms and Apartments. Quarters are available at the front desk. Sorry, no pets allowed. Overnight guests must register at the Conference Center Front Desk located in McCrary Hall. Meals for guests may be purchased at McCrary Dining Hall at reduced rates. Please note, all preferences are priced per person.
COMMUTER ONLY (lodging not included): $330
SHARED CABIN (shared bathroom): $560
ORCHARD DORM SUITES (double occupancy, shared bathroom): $600
TWO ROOM APARTMENT (shared bathroom): $630
ONE ROOM APARTMENT (private bathroom): $690
MEMBER DISCOUNT: $50 discount on all registration options. Become a member to take advantage of this offer.
The Conference will progress through three thematic sections:
- Where we are: Looking at our inner light. Working with the light and dark within us.
- Increase our Capacity: Bees, Animal Communicators, Attending Land, Increase our Power and Light
- Shamanism Without Borders: How can we share this wisdom?