Getting StartedSociety for Shamanic Practice Forum
Please follow these four steps to get started with our community forum. After reading through these instructions, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
1. Review Our Participation Guidelines
You are solely responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. If you notice any inappropriate activity through your account and any other account in the forum, please contact us immediately.
FORUM PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
Our member forum is a great way to engage in communication, facilitate help, and interact with others on the shamanic path. With that in mind,
• Please post in the English language.
• Be helpful and respectful of other members at all times. Debate intelligently
• Search before posting a new question as your question may have already been discussed.
• Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums.
• Stay on topic. Post in the appropriate group/topic. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
• Do not post personal or private information of any sort.
• Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
• No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion. You can add a link to your business services on your profile page or submit a directory listing.
• Any thread that offers any service for money will be deleted. Help or advise on the forum should be given freely.
• Community Meetups should be free events. If interested in sharing other events, submit a listing to our community events directory.
• Do not post copyright-infringing material
*Spam is defined as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
Please note: Forum content is public and searchable. Only members can post and participate.
2. Setup Your Forum Profile
As a member of the Society for Shamanic Practice you have the option to setup a forum profile that other forum users will be able to view through our member directory. Your profile information will also be linked to each of your forum posts and comments so that other members can learn more about you if they are interested. By default, only the first and last name that you provided when you signed up will be visible in the directory. You have the option to hide yourself completely, or to build out a much fuller profile. Here’s how:
- Click the My Profile link here or in the forum menu above.
- By default you will land on the “VIEW” tab of your profile (highlighted in a rectangular cream colored box). Click the “EDIT” link to the right. Here you will have several options to post whatever information you would like to include about yourself. You also have the option to choose who, if anyone, can see the information you are posting. When you are finished click “SAVE CHANGES” at the bottom.
- To the right of the “EDIT” link in your profile is a link to “CHANGE PROFILE PICTURE“. Click this link if you would like to have a profile image, and upload the image of your choosing.
- To the right of the “CHANGE PROFILE PICTURE” link is the “CHANGE COVER PHOTO” link. Click this link if you would like to have a cover image, and upload the image of your choosing.
If you do NOT wish to be visible in the forum or in the member directory:
- Click the “SETTINGS” tab to the far right of the “PROFILE” link in your editing screen.
- Select the “PROFILE VISIBILITY” link in the “SETTINGS” submenu and turn off your profile visibility.