PRINCIPLES OF INTEGRITY
The following is the Society for Shamanic Practice’s Code of Ethics. All of the Shamanic Practitioners listed on our website agree to these principles as a guide for maintaining the utmost integrity in the service they provide.
- I will work in sacred alliance with Spirit, and to be informed and guided by that Source, and not my own ego, in offering service to others.
- I will recognize the wholeness inherent in every person or group or circumstance that comes for healing and to honor whatever form in which its pain is presented to me.
- I will be mindful of speech, thought, and action and their impact on building relationships both in the present and through time into future and past.
- I will be respectful of others, even in their differences.
- I will work with compassion and non-judgment.
- I will do no harm and to avoid any sexual misconduct in my work with clients.
- I will maintain clients’ privacy.
- I will be honest with clients and other practitioners, and will be truthful in the manner in which I present myself in public relations and advertising.
- I will offer fair and appropriate fees.
- In service to others, I will keep my own life and personhood in balance to the best of my ability.